BIG Stokvel is registered with NASASA and was founded after years of working in the business and investment environment.
“BIG” stands for BUSINESS INVESTMENT GROUP which is exactly what we do.
Our goal is to use the STOKVEL platform to raise capital and acquire equity or shares in sustainable and profitable businesses together.
As a results-driven organization, we are constantly looking for ambitious and visionary Stokvel members with the drive and flexibility to take their dreams to the next level.
Our view on Collective Investing are the direct results of years of Experience and finding a solution for the demand by smaller investors to obtain consistently excellent Returns through investing in highly profitable & lucrative businesses with solid growth, excellent cash flow and good long-term futures
What is the BIG Stokvel about?
BIG Stokvel is an equity crowdfunding platform that focus on Investments in Business Opportunities in South Africa and the acquisition of highly profitable business entities.
You can also call it a Syndicated Funding Platform – a group of people coming together, pooling their funds to purchase shares in profitable businesses in a controlled and managed process.
BIG Stokvel create ownership opportunities for its members
Would you like to know more?
Check out our video
What is equity crowdfunding?
Equity Crowdfunding is a new way to invest in SMEs. Multiple investors contribute to innovative business pitches in exchange for equity shares in the company. Raising capital alongside multiple sources reduces the investment risk. Businesses gain validation and build brand awareness through the capital raising process.
How can I start investing ?
- Whether you are a novice or professional Investor, you can register on our website and choose the business you want to invest in.
- You upload your FICA documentation and select the amount you wish to invest, and transfer the funds.
- The funds are held in a trust account until the campaign is closed.
- If at campaign close, the funding round is successful then the business receives the funds, you will be issued shares and you will be a shareholder of a South African business.
- If the campaign is not successful, then your funds will be returned to you less the bank charges or transaction fees OR you may transfer your funds to another project or business opportunity.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this Stokvel is to pool funds for the following purpose:
- This BIG Stokvel is a COMMUNITY INVESTMENT Stokvel and any person over the age of 21 years who wishes to become a member of the Stokvel may do so and may participate in the activities of the Stokvel once registered as a member.
- This Stokvel is non- political, non- racial, non- religious and is all inclusive.
- The aim of the Stokvel is to raise funds through member participation to invest collectively in sustainable and profitable business opportunities and develop a profitable balance sheet in which all Stokvel members can share in.
- BIG Stokvel will identify various sustainable and profitable business opportunities and prepare information on each opportunity which will be shared exclusively with Stokvel members.
- Stokvel members will individually be able to choose in which business they would like to invest in together with other Stokvel members.
- Members will then be able to acquire shares in the business they selected.
- BIG DON’T invest in Distressed Businesses
- We Focus on Existing Businesses that is profitable, has a track record and wishes to grow or expand or proven Franchise opportunities.
Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year 2013 Business Partners & SANLAM.
South African Franchisor of the Year 2014 (SA Franchise Association)
Founder & CEO of a number of registered Companies in SA. Investor, Entrepreneur & Business Incubator.
Nick Van Straaten
An avid Business Development Manager with over 18 years of experience in business With a keen eye of understanding people and business, this formula is part of his successful career into making projects a reality.
“If you can dream it, you can do it”
At Granadilla Media we are passionate about managing & growing your business, brand and customer base. We own the platforms we use and keep innovating more channels to give you the growth your business deserves. Allow us to connect you to a targeted audience that brings business directly to you. In a digital age where networking is everything we provide the links. See your investments bear fruit with traceable results. Granadilla Media is a world renowned, creative, digital networking and business development company used by international entrepreneurs and business owners.
Our Services Includes:
Project Management & Administration, Finance, Due Diligence, Marketing, Advertising, Event Management, Recruitment, Legal & Resource Procurement
Independant professional consultants & advisors
Tel: 021 412 1598
Caledon Street Chambers
30 Caledon Street
021 853 2777
7A Courtyard Building
Gants Centre, Strand